Insight Meditation Houston hosts retreats at the Margaret Austin Center near Chappell Hill, Texas and at the Cenacle Retreat House in Houston. The Margaret Austin Center offers a quiet sanctuary for groups and individuals seeking the benefit and healing provided by being close to nature. Although based in Buddhist teachings, the retreats are non-sectarian; they complement any spiritual or religious practice. They are held in silence, with alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation. Each day begins with simple yoga postures and includes instruction in meditation, a “dharma” talk on Buddhist philosophy and ideals, a work period (vegetable chopping, floor sweeping, etc.) and a period of rest. Group or individual interview with the instructor are held during the course of the retreat.
Click on the link below if you would like to make a donation to help enable Insight Meditation Houston to provide retreats, scholarship and other community oriented activity.
FUTURE RETREATS – SAVE DATES – details to follow
Fri Jan 27 to 29 2017
Led by Howie Cohn – Cenacle
- Description: The Heart of Wisdom – To be consistently happy in this life you must be wise. To be wise you must be compassionate with yourself and with others. This retreat will follow the Buddha’s practical, clear and inspiring map of awakening wisdom and compassion in our hearts and minds. Practicing Insight Meditation and Loving kindness we will gradually expand from ill will to kindness, from confusion to clarity, and from tension to relaxation.
- Registration is closed!!
- Documents in Word Format
- Documents in PDF Format
- If you haven’t paid yet and wish to pay through Paypal click on this link
- If you have any quesetions contact us at MeditationHouston@gmail.com
April 27-30th, 2017 Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
May 20, 2017 Led by Ginger Clarkson – in Houston – Villa De Matel
- January 30th – “Opening the heart” led by Ginger Clarkson
- April 21 – 24th, 2016 Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- Sept 29 – Oct 2nd 2016 Led by Lila Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- April 23 – 26th with Howard Cohn (sponsored by Insight Meditation Houston)
- September 18 – 20th with Howard Cohn – in Houston
- October 1 to October 4 – Residential Retreat with Lila Kate Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center