Insight Meditation Houston hosts retreats at the Margaret Austin Center near Chappell Hill, Texas and at the Cenacle Retreat House in Houston. The Margaret Austin Center offers a quiet sanctuary for groups and individuals seeking the benefit and healing provided by being close to nature. Although based in Buddhist teachings, the retreats are non-sectarian; they complement any spiritual or religious practice. They are held in silence, with alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation. Each day begins with simple yoga postures and includes instruction in meditation, a “dharma” talk on Buddhist philosophy and ideals, a work period (vegetable chopping, floor sweeping, etc.) and a period of rest. Group or individual interview with the instructor are held during the course of the retreat.
Click on the link below if you would like to make a donation to help enable Insight Meditation Houston to provide retreats, scholarship and other community oriented activity.
Information on our
Spring 2019 Retreat
is coming soon!
- January 24 Led by Ginger Clarkson – Villa de Matel
- April 25 Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- September 26-29 Led by Lila Kate Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- January 27 Led by Ginger Clarkson – West U Senior Center
- April 26th – 29th Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- Sept 27 – 30th Led by Lila Kate Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- January 27 – 29th, Led by Howie Cohn – Cenacle
- April 27 – 30 th Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- May 20, Led by Ginger Clarkson – Ruah Center at Villa de Matel
- Sept 28 – Oct 1st Led by Lila Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- January 30th – “Opening the heart” led by Ginger Clarkson
- April 21 – 24th, 2016 Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- Sept 29 – Oct 2nd 2016 Led by Lila Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- April 23 – 26th with Howard Cohn (sponsored by Insight Meditation Houston)
- September 18 – 20th with Howard Cohn – in Houston
- October 1 to October 4 – Residential Retreat with Lila Kate Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center