Insight Meditation Houston hosts retreats at the Margaret Austin Center near Chappell Hill, Texas and at the Cenacle Retreat House in Houston. The Margaret Austin Center offers a quiet sanctuary for groups and individuals seeking the benefit and healing provided by being close to nature. Although based in Buddhist teachings, the retreats are non-sectarian; they complement any spiritual or religious practice. They are held in silence, with alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation. Each day begins with simple yoga postures and includes instruction in meditation, a “dharma” talk on Buddhist philosophy and ideals, a work period (vegetable chopping, floor sweeping, etc.) and a period of rest. Group or individual interview with the instructor are held during the course of the retreat.
Click on the link below if you would like to make a donation to help enable Insight Meditation Houston to provide retreats, scholarship and other community oriented activity.
FUTURE RETREATS – SAVE DATES – details to follow
Saturday January 27th Led by Ginger Clarkson
Description: Embodied Mindfulness is a one-day retreat in which experienced Vipassana teacher Ginger Clarkson will lead practitioners through an exploration of The First Foundation of Mindfulness. Specifically, the retreat will focus on awareness of the body, bodily forms, elemental experience, and the breath. The day will consist of alternating 30-minute sitting and walking meditation periods interspersed with short periods of lecture and instruction. The day will end with a period of Metta or Lovingkindness practice.
- The cost of the retreat is $75 which covers facility rental but does not include Dana for the teacher.
- Registration will end on January 22nd
- Scholarship forms will be accepted until January 7th.
- Click Here to enroll
- Documents in Word Format
- Documents in PDF Format
- Payment by Paypal
If you want to pay the full amount for this retreat Click Here
If you want to make a partial payment for scholarship Click Here
- If you have any questions contact us at MeditationHouston@gmail.com
- January 27 – 29th, Led by Howie Cohn – Cenacle
- April 27 – 30 th Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- May 20, Led by Ginger Clarkson – Ruah Center at Villa de Matel
- Sept 28 – Oct 1st Led by Lila Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- January 30th – “Opening the heart” led by Ginger Clarkson
- April 21 – 24th, 2016 Led by Howie Cohn – Margaret Austin Center
- Sept 29 – Oct 2nd 2016 Led by Lila Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center
- April 23 – 26th with Howard Cohn (sponsored by Insight Meditation Houston)
- September 18 – 20th with Howard Cohn – in Houston
- October 1 to October 4 – Residential Retreat with Lila Kate Wheeler – Margaret Austin Center